Lew Clarkson Park, previously know as Creekside Park, was named for long-time Johnston resident and developer, Lew Clarkson. Clarkson was instrumental in starting the Johnston Little League in the mid-1950's as well as the incorporation of the City of Johnston. The playground equipment is designed for children ages 2 -5 years old. Parking is available on the south side of the park
Lew Clarkson Park, located at NW 54th Avenue, is a 55-acre park adjacent to Beaver Creek. It offers a playground, picnic shelter, a restroom, access to the Beaver Creek, and connections to the Green Meadows West recreation trail, and the Beaver Creek Greenbelt Trail. It is also home to Johnston Little League and Johnston Girls Softball Association.